Monday, March 19, 2012

background and details of our mission

Where is the best place to feed the ducks? Go for a hike? Which parks have waterfront access? Where can we swim? How about the amenities? Pack a lunch or buy it there? It's raining, now what can we do?

These are questions that we asked ourselves before every outing with the kids. Then we would spend far too much time online looking for ideas of places to go. Searching nearby city websites for lists of parks, then google mapping addresses, then googling pictures to see if they looked fun or not. Kids love all parks but taking kids aged 1-12, it's nice to know what each park features for each age group. Our goal for this blog is to have all this information and more in one simple spot. 
After losing my job at the end of 2010 I was forcefully thrown into the role of stay-at-home-mom and suddenly living on only one income. I had spent the prior 8 years working a busy retail job that kept me away from my family many -a late nights and holidays while missing far too many milestones. I enrolled in school full time which allows me WAY more time with my kids and husband than when I was working. I decided to make the best of my stay at home time while I train for a nursing career, a process that will take about 3 or 4 years to become an RN. During this time I, and my good friends, are keeping all of our kids as busy as can be by visiting our local parks, lakes, the sound, and having fun with out spending any (or very little) money. The areas we will be visiting will be around the Seattle metropolitan area, starting mainly in Snohomish county, and King county. We will explore parks, trails, lakes, beaches, community events, festivals, and whatever fun things we come across. We will post pics along with, simple but important information such as highlights, hours, addresses, and "tip's to know before you go" and much more! Washington state is beautiful and we are excited to get out and enjoy it- rain or shine! Come along and feel free to share your favorite places with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment